Coach Rahul Sharma - Founder INDIAN RUNNING DAY
Coach Rahul was leading a hectic and successful life, working in the Pharma
industry, until one day, he finally decided to call it quits and do something of his own.
One odd day, he got a shock of his life when he was diagnosed with high
cholesterol and hypertension and was prescribed lifetime medication. It was a wake up call for
him to pull up his socks and incorporate a healthy lifestyle forever. Coach Rahul chose to
follow the path less trodden.
The quest to be healthy and off medicine led him to Running and gradually it
became a basic life necessity like breathing, eating, sleeping. Ultimately his passion for
health and fitness, led him to becoming a certified running trainer and nutritionist, leaving
behind 2 decades of corporate life and venturing into the space of Health & Fitness.
What he started as fitness activities to stay in the best of his health, and cure
himself of the lifestyle diseases that had engulfed him, culminated into his passion which took
shape as CYRUNS SPORTS & WELLNESS.
According to the Coach, Fitness is to be enjoyed by everyone! Fitness provides us
with the ability to enjoy a healthy active lifestyle. The beauty is, you get to choose your own
fitness adventures – the options are endless.
As a passionate Certified Trainer, his role is to motivate, enable and make
training a fun and rewarding experience. He loves to see people achieve their personal health
and fitness goals, through a structured, tailored & scientific approach of fitness programs.
His Mantra of life is “Realize Your Potential”
Coach Rahul – Founder of CYRUNS SPORTS & WELLNESS
- UESCA Certified Running Coach
- NESTA Certified Fitness Nutrition Coach
- Red Cross First Aid with CPR Certified
- Diploma in Sports & Exercise Nutrition
- First Certified Road Running Coach from Gujarat
- Awarded as UESCA, USA – Global Running Coach of the Month
- Successfully completed 4 World Marathon Major’s – New York, Chicago,
Berlin & London
- Completed Super Randonneur series of 200/300/400/600 KM Cycling
- First from Gujarat to complete World’s highest 18000 feet Ultra
Marathon – 72KM Khardung La Challenge
- Successfully completed Sundown Full Marathon, Singapore &
Valprasio Half Marathon, Chicago, US
- Successfully completed 4 Mumbai Marathon & 2 IDBI Delhi Marathon
- Completed 2 time SPRR Challenge – 76 KM Night Run
- Completed toughest & hottest Run The Rann – 42 KM Challenge
- Completed 6 hour treadmill challenge
- Completed 21 days x 21 Km Challenge
- Face of Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon 2016 Cover Page
- Won Satara Full Marathon 2018 & Rajpath Club Duathlon
- Officially paced B Safal Half Marathon (3 times) & Gandhinagar
Half Marathon (2 times)